AGE of Central Texas offers competitive pay, generous paid time off (PTO), 403b retirement plan, medical/dental/vision benefits, and an opportunity to make a visible difference in your community as part of one of the fastest-growing nonprofit organizations in Central Texas!
Current Job Openings:
- Activity Director (Full Time) – Williamson County Thrive Social and Wellness Center; Round Rock (Jump to job description)
Location: Williamson County Thrive Social & Wellness Center; Round Rock, TX
Hours: Both Full-Time (8 hours per day, Monday – Friday; no nights or weekends)
Rate of Pay: $18/hour
AGE’s Williamson County Thrive Social and Wellness Center is a daytime care facility in Round Rock for older adults.
We are AGE of Central Texas is looking for an Program Specialist (Activities) for the Williamson County Thrive Social and Wellness Center in Round Rock, TX, to join the team that cares for our wonderful members (older adults, elderly clients, or persons living with dementia or special needs).This position is also ideal for a Recreation Therapist who has experience working with older adults.
What We Offer:
- A steady Monday-Friday schedule with no evenings or weekends.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) that can be used for vacation or to cover sick time – earn up to 4 weeks of PTO in your first year of employment.
- 8 paid holidays (in addition to your PTO).
- Fast access Health, Dental, and Vision insurance – new employees are eligible for insurance the first of the month after they start working; 85% of monthly premiums paid by AGE.
- Life Insurance – no cost to the employee.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
We are looking for team members who are:
- Personable and have a positive outlook.
- Energetic and enjoy being in front of a group of people.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
In addition to a high school diploma, candidates must meet one of the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of full-time experience working with elderly people or people with disabilities in a human service or medically related program; or
- 60 college hours and two years of full-time experience working with elderly people or people with disabilities in a human service or medically related program; or
- successful completion of an activity director’s course and two years of full-time experience working with elderly people or people with disabilities in a human service or medically related program.
If this steady, reliable schedule fits with your engaging personality, we would love to talk to you!
Want to know more? Copy and paste this YouTube link to see our centers in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1jnHHGzG8&t=9s
- 10 hour shift 4 days a week, or
- 8 hour shift 5 days a week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Daily screening of staff and clients for temperature and COVID symptoms. Masks are required when community conditions are ‘moderate’ or ‘high’.
- Have you completed an Activity Director course?
- Do you have at least 60 hours of college credit AND 2 years of experience working with older adults or persons with disabilities in a human service or medically related program?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience working with older adults or persons with disabilities in a human service or medically related program?
- Texas Driver’s License (Required)
Email Holly Stoever, Program Director, at HStoever@AGEofCentralTX.org or call (512) 255-4865.