AGE Memory Connections
A community of older adults living with mild cognitive changes or memory loss.
Memory Connections is a comprehensive lifestyle program that empowers you to take control of memory changes in your life. We believe you can take a proactive approach – and set yourself on a positive trajectory – to maintain your quality of life. The program includes Cognitive Stimulation Therapy, Daily Group Activity Schedule, Support Groups, Brain Health Education, and In-Person Meetups.
What Is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) is an evidence-based intervention designed around activities that provide general stimulation for thinking, concentration, and memory in a positive, social environment.
Developed at University College London, CST is now offered in at least 35 countries worldwide including in the U.S. – and now for the first time in Central Texas!
What Is Included
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
– An evidence-based intervention designed to actively engage the mind in a positive social environment.
-Learn about making brain-healthy choices, with a focus on practical, evidence-informed approaches to optimizing life with cognitive changes. Topics include healthy eating, staying active, purposeful living, social connection, and more!
- Support Groups
-Separate groups for the participant and care partner.
– Get to know others who are in a similar situation to talk through challenges and share feelings in a safe space.
- Daily Enrichment Activity Schedule
-Join us online up to 5 days a week for a varied schedule of engaging activities designed to provide stimulation, purpose, and fun!
– This will help you build routine and structure into your day while forming new friendships.
- Join us for periodic social events and outings.
- Personalized, Ongoing Support
-Review and discuss goals, create action plans, share feedback, and obtain referrals to services tailored to your evolving needs.
- Keep your mind active and engaged!
- Learn empowering, practical approaches to help manage and improve daily life
- Stay involved in meaningful pursuits
- Connect with peers for support and enjoy social community
- Develop daily routines to enhance your quality of life
- Gain new knowledge, friends and experiences!
AGE of Central Texas believes in providing our services to everyone in the community. The Memory Connections monthly fee, which includes all program activities, ranges from $28 to $120 based on household income.
Other Key Information
- When: Weekdays on Zoom between the hours of 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- You will have a personalized schedule.
- Groups Led By:
- Highly trained professional staff with experience in health behavior, education, memory care, neuroscience, and more.
- Program Cost:
- The program fee is between $28-$120 per calendar month. However, we offer a generous sliding scale fee, and never want finances to be an obstacle to attending our program.
- Who Can Benefit from Memory Connections:
- Individuals living with subjective cognitive changes, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and/or early stage dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Care partners are welcome to attend the Brain Health Education Series along with the program participant, as well as our weekly care partner support group.