2021 AUSTIN MARATHON
AGE of Central Texas will be a participating charity in the 2021 Austin Marathon, which has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 25th. You can join Team AGE by registering for one of the races and creating a Team AGE fundraising page, or by signing up to volunteer.
Due to COVID-19, preparations for race day look a little different this year. The most notable differences are:
- All registrants will be able to sign up for the in-person event OR virtual event.
- There is no longer a FULL Marathon option. The new race length options are:
- In person: 1 Mile, 5K, and Half-Marathon
- Virtual: 5K and Half-Marathon
Run/Walk a Race:
Join Team AGE to walk or run the 1 Mile, 5K, or Half-Marathon either virtually or in-person on Sunday, April 25th and raise funds to help older adults and caregivers in your community. This is a great year to register for the 2021 Austin Marathon due to the virtual option! All virtual racers will have up to 5 weeks to complete the race of their choosing! To join Team AGE as a 2021 Austin Marathon runner/walker you will need to:
Step 2: CLICK HERE to join Team AGE and create your own fundraising page.
After clicking on the link, click the “JOIN” button to create your fundraising page for Team AGE.”
*NOTE: The 1 Mile option is not available for virtual event registration*
Members of Team AGE will:
- Receive a fundraising toolkit to help your friends and family learn about AGE and why they should give to your cause.
- Receive a post-race lunch on AGE! You will be given a gift card for your participation.
- Receive a Team AGE Dri-Fit T-shirt to run or walk your race in.
- Have your registration fee reimbursed if you raise $500 or more.
Contact Blair Loaiza at BLoaiza@AGEofCentralTX.org for more info!
Join TEAM AGE for this family-friendly volunteer opportunity to cheer on the runners of this year’s Austin Marathon. If you can hold a cup of water or shout “way to go!” then this would be a great volunteer experience for you. AGE will run a marathon aid station on Sunday, April 25th to support 2021 Austin Marathon runners with hydration and boosts in morale! Volunteers will be asked to work a 3-6 hour shift (you will be contacted after registration to choose the length of your shift). Perks for joining TEAM AGE as a volunteer include:
- Receive an Austin Marathon T-Shirt
- Get free breakfast tacos and coffee
Contact Jenna Rodarte at JRodarete@AGEofCentralTX.org to sign up.