Due to operational changes during the COVID-19 pandemic, the AGE Health Equipment Lending Program is providing assistance by appointment only.
Temporary Hours for the AGE Health Equipment Lending Program:
– 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
– Supply pick-up by appointment only
If you need to request equipment or supplies, please call 512-600-9288.
Please realize that due to limited staff availability, it may take 48 hours to return your call, and same-day pick-up may not be available.
You can also email Equipment@AGEofCentralTX.org.
Donations of gently-used equipment are by appointment only; we are also accepting donations of unused adult incontinence products. Please call 512-600-9288 or email Equipment@AGEofCentralTX.org to schedule an appointment to drop off your donation.
DC Law has generously donated more than $1,000 in incontinence products to the AGE Health Equipment Lending Program, and is also encouraging their employees and clients to participate in a virtual donation drive of the adult pull-ups and rinse-free body wipes that are desperately needed at this time. Thank you so much DC Law for supporting the older adults and family caregivers in the Central Texas community during COVID-19.
Health Equipment Lending Program
Unwanted or unneeded medical equipment has life-changing power when it is passed along.
The AGE of Central Texas Health Equipment Lending Program makes a wide variety of health and mobility equipment available to the community through free, no-time-limit loans of donated equipment. In 2019, more than 1,375 individuals received loans provided at no charge to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those in need. The program also distributes donated adult incontinence products to those who need them.
To Borrow Equipment:
- Call our office at 512-600-9288 or email us at Equipment@AGEofCentralTX.org to see if the equipment you need is in stock. We’ll ask you a few simple questions so we know who you are and how to get in touch with you. Current office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Note that due to limited staff availability, it may take 48 hours to return calls or reply to emails.
- Tell us what you need. If we have it, you can pick it up at a scheduled appointment time. If we don’t have it, we’ll keep your name and number, and call you when the item you requested is donated.
- Pick it up. When you arrive, pull into the circular drive at 3710 Cedar Street (at 38th Street), and enter the building through the double doors. Our office is located at the double doors.
To Donate Equipment:
NOTE: We are not accepting donations at this time.
Without donors, we could not provide this service. Your donations give some of our community’s most vulnerable citizens safety, mobility, independence, opportunity, and dignity. If you have “gently used” health or mobility equipment gathering dust in your home, or unneeded incontinence products like adult diapers and bed pads, bring them to us! Every piece we make available to the community comes directly from donors like you.
Items needed most urgently are:
- Rollators (walkers with seats and hand-brakes)
- Shower chairs
- Shower transfer benches
- Adult incontinence products (especially pull-up-style diapers)
PLEASE NOTE – We are not able to accept prescription medications or medical equipment that can only be distributed via prescription (such as oxygen concentrators). There are other equipment items that we are not able to process through this program due to space and staff limitations.