Health Equipment Lending Program
Unwanted or unneeded medical equipment has life-changing power when it is passed along.
The AGE of Central Texas Health Equipment Lending Program makes a wide variety of health and mobility equipment available to the community through free, no-time-limit loans of donated equipment. In 2016, more than 1,200 individuals received loans provided at no charge to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those in need. The program also distributes donated adult incontinence products to those who need them.
To Borrow Equipment:
- Call our office at 512-600-9288 or email us to see if the equipment you need is in stock. We'll ask you a few simple questions so we know who you are and how to get in touch with you. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Tell us what you need. If we have it, you can pick it up the same day! If we don't have it, we'll keep your name and number, and call you when the item you requested is donated.
- Pick it up. When you get here, you'll fill out one simple form and sign for the items. When you arrive, pull into the circular drive at 3710 Cedar Street (at 38th Street), and enter the building through the double doors. Our office is right across the hall from the double doors (click here for building map).
To Donate Equipment:
Simply bring the equipment to the office between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Without donors, we could not provide this service. Your donations give some of our community's most vulnerable citizens safety, mobility, independence, opportunity, and dignity. If you have "gently used" health or mobility equipment gathering dust in your home, or unneeded incontinence products like adult diapers and bed pads, bring them to us! Every piece we make available to the community comes directly from donors like you.
Items needed most urgently are:
- Rollators (walkers with seats and hand-brakes)
- Shower chairs
- Shower transfer benches
- Adult incontinence products (especially pull-up-style diapers)
PLEASE NOTE - We are not able to accept prescription medications or medical equipment that can only be distributed via prescription (such as oxygen concentrators). There are other equipment items that we are not able to process through this program due to space and staff limitations.