2023 Spirit of AGE Awards
Save the Date:
Wednesday, August 2nd
Join more than 100 community leaders, individuals, and corporations who support AGE of Central texas and work in the aging space will come together to honor those who have gone above and beyond for the aging community — more details coming soon!
AGE of Central Texas 3rd annual Spirit of AGE event raised $48,709.24 thanks to YOU!
These funds will provide hundreds of low-income older adults and those who care for them with expert, compassionate care through AGE’s Thrive Social & Wellness Centers! We also honored the 2022 AGE Award Winners, and inducted the 2022 Legacy Fund and Guardian Fund Members. Thank you for a wonderful evening celebrating aging and community!
AGE of Central Texas celebrated five outstanding honorees who work to make the Central Texas community a better place for older adults and family caregivers at the 28th annual “Spirit of AGE” Awards. The celebratory event was held on Thursday, July 28th, at the Brodie Homestead in Austin.
Each year, AGE of Central Texas awards the following five AGE Awards to individuals and organizations who have gone above and beyond for older adults and family caregivers in the Central Texas community; this year’s honorees are:
- Willie Kocurek Vital Aging Award – Debbie Pearson: honors an older community member who exemplifies the concept of vital aging and who is accomplished in the areas of self-determination, self-sufficiency, civic engagement, and quality of life.
- Bert Kruger Smith Vision Award – Tabitha Taylor, Age-Friendly Program Coordinator for the City of Austin: honors a person or organization whose vision has enhanced the aging community and who has shown foresight and energy in implementing programs, services, or legislation that serves older adults and family caregivers.
- AGE Philanthropy Award – Charles Schwab: honors a person or organization whose extraordinary generosity has supported work benefiting older adults and family caregivers.
- Community Service Award – Tammy Mills: honors a person(s) who has volunteered on behalf of the older adult and family caregiving community.
- Joyce Lauck Legacy Award – Lina Supnet-Zapata, Mir Care Consultants: honors a person whose professional commitment goes above and beyond his or her job description to impact the lives of older adults and family caregivers.