2023 Spirit of AGE Awards
Wednesday, August 2nd!
Spirit of AGE was a HUGE success thanks to each of YOU
who showed up to raise $48,052 for AGE’s Thrive Social & Wellness Centers!
These funds will change the lives of low-income older adults in our community!
On August 2, 2023, AGE of Central Texas celebrated five outstanding honorees who work to make the Central Texas community a better place for older adults and family caregivers at the 4th annual “Spirit of AGE” Celebration, featuring the 29th annual “AGE Awards.” Each year, AGE of Central Texas awards five AGE Awards to individuals and organizations who have gone above and beyond for older adults and family caregivers in the Central Texas community.
This year’s honorees are:
- Deborah Duncan – Willie Kocurek Vital Aging Award: Honors an older community member who exemplifies the concept of vital aging and who is accomplished in the areas of self-determination, self-sufficiency, civic engagement, and quality of life.
- Representative Donna Howard – Bert Kruger Smith Vision Award: Honors a person or organization whose vision has enhanced the aging community and who has shown foresight and energy in implementing programs, services, or legislation that serves older adults and family caregivers.
- Georgetown Health Foundation – AGE Philanthropy Award: Honors a person or organization whose extraordinary generosity has supported work benefiting older adults and family caregivers.
- Five Stone Tax – Community Service Award: Honors a person(s) who has volunteered on behalf of the older adult and family caregiving community.
- Amy Temperley, Aging is Cool – Joyce Lauck Legacy Award: Honors a person whose professional commitment goes above and beyond his or her job description to impact the lives of older adults and family caregivers.