NOTE: To better protect our staff and clients, all caregiver assistance will
temporarily only be conducted via email instead of face-to-face.
Email the Caregiver Resource Center at ResourceCenter@AGEofCentralTX.org.
Also note that most caregiver support groups and respite groups are being suspended for the time being.
AGE has also created a page of resources and activities that caregivers and their care recipients can share together at home. This page will be updated regularly with additional resources, videos, and activities for all levels of abilities. Click the button below and explore!
Caregiver Information and Resources
“There are four kinds of people in this world: those who have been caregivers, those who currently are caregivers, those who will be caregivers, and those who will need caregivers.” — Rosalynn Carter
Caregivers often feel isolated and alone. AGE can change that. Whether you are looking for information, education, ideas, or an understanding ear, we are here to help you as you help your senior loved one navigate the challenges of aging.
We Can Help
- Anyone facing an eldercare crisis who doesn’t know where to turn
- Adult children living far away from aging parents
- Adult children living locally but overwhelmed with financial concerns, logistical issues, career burdens, or a hectic lifestyle
- Families coping with loved ones who have physical disabilities, memory loss or depression
- People who need assistance to maintain their level of independence
- Physicians who are concerned about a patient’s ability to transition home after rehabilitation or a hospital stay
AGE offers educational events, information, resources, and support groups for people who provide care to an aging or disabled adult. Through collaborative relationships, we help to educate the community about the value of caregiving. All of our caregiver services are provided at no cost. Please call us at (512) 600-9275 for assistance and to explore our caregiver resources (se habla español).
Caregiver Support Groups:
- Round Rock Support Group: – 2nd Tuesdays of each month from Noon to 1:30 p.m., – Taylor Education Building of Grace Lutheran Church, 708 Bluff Road, Round Rock, TX 78681. – For more information, contact volunteer facilitator Barbara Wiederaenders at 512-451-0684.
- Buda/South Austin Support Group: – 3rd Tuesdays of each month from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Onion Creek Senior Center, 420 Barton Crossing, Buda, TX 78610 – For more information, contact Natalie Alcorta at 512-600-9275.
- Austin Support Group: – 4th Wednesdays of each month from Noon to 1:30 p.m. – The Founder’s Room of the AGE Building, 3710 Cedar Street, Austin, TX 78705. – For more information, contact volunteer facilitator Barbara Wiederaenders at 512-451-0684.
Other Support Groups & Resources:
- Lewy Body Dementia Support Group:
– The Central Austin Lewy Body Dementia Support Group meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month, in the Founder’s Room of the AGE Building (3710 Cedar Street, Austin, TX 78705), beginning 10:00 a.m. For more information, contact Sarah Hyde-Williams with Senior Living Advisors of Austin at (512) 593-7669 or email sarah@SLAAustin.com.
– The Georgetown Lewy Body Dementia support group meets the second Monday of every month at Legacy at Georgetown Assisted Living/Memory Care (4907 Williams Dr, Georgetown, TX 78633), upstairs on the second floor in the chapel, beginning at 2:00 p.m., and is free and open to the public for carers of those with Lewy Body Dementia and those seeking more information about the disease. For more information, please call Sarah Hyde-Williams at (512) 593-7669 or email sarah@SLAAustin.com.
– The Highland Lakes Lewy Body Dementia support group meets the second Saturday of every month at Legacy at Lake Shores Church (704 N. Hwy 281, Marble Falls, TX 78654) at 10:00 a.m., and is free and open to the public for carers of those with Lewy Body Dementia and those seeking more information about the disease. For more information, please call Sarah Hyde-Williams at (512) 593-7669 or email sarah@SLAAustin.com.
- Neuropathy Support Groups: The Neuropathy Alliance of Texas offers monthly neuropathy support group meetings featuring educational presentations about “Living Well with Neuropathy,” followed by group discussion for neuropathy patients and caregivers to share ideas, information, resources, problems and solutions with other group members. Anyone affected by neuropathy is welcome to attend:
– Austin West: 2nd Saturday of the month from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm at Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church, Parlor; 7127 Bee Cave Rd., Austin, TX 78746.
– Austin, Northwest Hills: 4th Monday of the month from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm at the Jewish Community Center, Room 150C, 7300 Hart Ln., Austin, TX 78731.
– Georgetown: 2nd Monday of the month from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm at the LakeAire Shopping Center, 2423 Williams Dr, Suite 101, Georgetown, TX 78628.
These support groups do not usually meet in July or December. For more information, contact Neuropathy Alliance of Texas at (512) 553-9130, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://neuropathyalliancetx.org