(Updated May 23, 2022)
AGE of Central Texas will continue to follow CDC guidelines, and will listen to our medical experts regarding any change with our current COVID policies. The AGE Building and Thrive Centers are both open, as are all the AGE porgrams. We will continue to consult with the CDC and TXHHS for further guidance.
To learn more about the AGE Thrive Social & Wellness Centers, and our current efforts to keep our members and staff safe, call Holly Stoever in Round Rock at (512) 255-4865 or Lauren Duerksen in Austin at (512) 458-6305.
We have also launched the new Memory Connections Online program of innovative virtual services for older adults and care partners, featuring a monthly subscription program offering virtual activities designed for different cognitive levels.
The situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has prompted AGE of Central Texas to take additional measures to mitigate the chance of the coronavirus taking hold in our facilities, and in order to protect our staff and clients. These are evidence-based and common sense based steps that are our first line of defense in the process of stopping the spread of germs and viruses. We will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation, follow the advice of local and national health authorities, and adapt our policies and procedures as necessary.
AGE of Central Texas needs your support, now more than ever, to provide essential services for older adults and caregivers! Your gift will provide food, medical equipment, hygiene products, and key virtual services for the most vulnerable population in our community-older adults.
AT-HOME TESTING RESOURCES:
NEW: https://www.covidtests.gov/ – Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order #4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
NEW: https://special.usps.com/testkits – Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com; limit of one order per residential address, and one order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests.
RELIABLE ONLINE RESOURCES:
AGE has identified the following entities as valid sources for disease control and prevention information:
PRECAUTIONS AT AGE BUILDING AND PROGRAMS:
AGE of Central Texas has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and is following updates and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, local and state health departments, and other governmental agencies. Additionally, our Executive Leadership Team is meeting regularly to review the latest information on this rapidly changing situation and will respond accordingly.
We have created an online library, which will be updated daily, featuring dozens of activities, videos, virtual tours, webcams, and resources for older adults and family caregivers to enjoy while at home: Click Here for the AGE Resource Page
In addition, we are continually providing our staff with the latest and best information available, so they can protect not only the families that we serve, but also themselves and their families as well.
If you or a family member need assistance, please contact us at (512) 451-4611, or contact our Resource Center at (512) 600-9275.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ALL:
HEALTH EQUIPMENT LENDING PROGRAM:
- Our team continues to provide free long-term loans of durable medical equipment, along with free adult incontinence products, by appointment only (no walk-ins).
- Call (512) 600-9288 or email Equipment@AGEofCentralTX.org to schedule an appointment.
RESOURCE & INFORMATION CENTER:
- Our team continues to provide one-on-one assistance and navigation to resources via email – ResourceCenter@AGEofCentralTX.org – and telephone: (512) 600-9275.
- Staff have also created virtual support groups – email ResourceCenter@AGEofCentralTX.org for more information.
THRIVE SOCIAL & WELLNESS CENTERS:
- Through direction from the State of Texas Health & Human Services Division, the AGE Thrive Social & Wellness Centers have reopened with limited daily capacity.
- We are accepting new members who meet the criteria for our limited reopening; for more information, call the Austin Thrive Center at (512) 458-6305, or the Williamson County Thrive Center at (512) 255-4865.
- Class series in caregiving and falls prevention are being offered virtual each month; visit www.CaregiverUcenTX.org for the current schedule
- A limited number of in-person classes have also resumed; visit www.CaregiverUcenTX.org for the current schedule.
- AGE has launched a new program of innovative virtual services for older adults and care partners to help you thrive.
- Memory Connections Online is a monthly subscription program offering group virtual activities designed for people experiencing varying cognitive changes.
- In collaboration with you, we create a personalized service plan and provide tailored video meetings to meet your goals, needs and interests.
- Click Here to learn more.
AGE COMPUTER LAB:
- Monthly clubs are meeting virtually.
- For the calendar of classes and events, visit www.AGEcomputer.org.
ALL OTHER PROGRAMS:
- All non-essential staff are working from home.
- All group meetings are being conducted via teleconferencing.
- All volunteer opportunities and vendor activities are canceled until further notice.
THE AGE BUILDING:
- The Building is closed to the public.
- All outside support group meetings are meeting virtually until further notice.
- Sanitation of commonly used areas will occur daily.
We will continue to evaluate the community situation as it evolves, and will adjust our response as needed.