AGE Virtual Connections Program
AGE of Central Texas is offering a new program of innovative virtual services for older adults and care partners to help you thrive. Virtual Connections is a monthly subscription program offering group virtual activities designed for people experiencing varying cognitive changes.
In collaboration with you, we create a personalized service plan and provide tailored video meetings to meet your goals, needs and interests.
Personalized Service Plan:
- Structured, engaging small group activities designed to be enjoyed independently at your current level of cognition
- Offered 5 days per week via Zoom video conferencing service
- Includes remote technology support
- Connection to 1-1 volunteer services
- Information about coping with cognitive changes, community resources, caregiving, and more
- Try new activities that are designed for you
- A personalized schedule to help create routine and structure in your day
- Collaborative goal-setting and customized service plan with AGE staff
- Follow-up meetings to review service plan, discuss goals, needs, and feedback
- Have fun and make new friends!
Variety of Fun Activities:
- Creative Activities such as live music, art, and creative writing
- Brain Exercise such as trivia, word, and logic games
- Discussion and Reminiscence, including educational presentations
- Emotional Support Groups
- Physical Exercise, such as stretching
- Social Hour, to connect with others
Virtual Connections Admission Process:
- Brief phone introduction and assessment for older adult, care partner, or both, to talk about Virtual Connections and answer your questions.
- If we determine the program may be a good fit, we schedule an admissions interview.
- During the admissions interview via Zoom, we will discuss your challenges, goals in attending Virtual Connections, comfort and preferences related to technology, cognitive concerns, and services and supports.
- If you would like to try the program, we create a personalized video meeting schedule that addresses your goals in attending the program, interests, and current cognitive
- If at any time we determine that Virtual Connections would not be a good fit for you, we will continue to support you and your family by making referrals to other services, providing community resources and caregiver support.
NOTE: AGE staff has the final decision in which video meetings would be a good fit for you.
You may not be invited to attend all video meetings that are offered.
The program fee is $100 per calendar month. We offer a sliding scale fee – please contact us to discuss options as we don’t want finances to be an obstacle to attending our program.