AGE Memory Connections Online Program
Do you or a loved one:
- Have trouble remembering things?
- Wish you had a more active social life?
- Want to make your brain health a priority?
AGE of Central Texas is offering a new program of innovative virtual services for older adults and care partners to help you thrive. Memory Connections Online is a new subscription based program offering engaging, small group activities up to 5 days per week.
Activities are evidence informed and designed specifically for those experiencing mild-moderate memory loss or changes in cognition.
In collaboration with you, we create a personalized service plan and provide tailored online activities to meet your goals, needs and interests.
Don’t currently have access to technology? Please do reach out to us – we can help you get connected
“Zoom has opened new horizons for people like us.
When we can’t drive, we can still come.
We can be with friends.”
– Memory Connections Online participant
Experience a Variety of Fun Activities:
- Creative Activities such as live music, art, and creative writing
- Brain Exercise
- Discussion & Reminiscence
- Educational and travel presentations
- Emotional Support Groups led by a licensed professional
- Physical exercise
- Try new activities that are designed for you
- A personalized schedule to help create routine and structure in your day
- Collaborative goal-setting and customized support for you and your family
- Follow-up meetings to review and discuss goals, needs, and feedback
- Referrals to other services tailored to your evolving needs
- Have fun and make new friends!
The program fee is $100 per calendar month. We offer a sliding scale fee – please contact us to discuss options as we don’t want finances to be an obstacle to attending our program.
Memory Connections Online Admission Process:
- Brief phone introduction and assessment for older adult, care partner, or both, to talk about the Memory Connections Online program and answer your questions.
- If we determine the program may be a good fit, we schedule an admissions interview.
- During the admissions interview via Zoom, we will discuss your challenges, goals in attending Memory Connections Online, comfort and preferences related to technology, cognitive concerns, and services and supports.
- If we decide together that the program is a good fit, we create a personalized online activities schedule that addresses your goals in attending the program, interests, and current cognitive experience.
- If at any time we determine that Memory Connections Online program would not be a good fit for you, we will continue to support you and your family by making referrals to other services, providing community resources and caregiver support.