AGE Memory Connections Program
For older adults living with early stage changes in cognition
Memory Connections is a comprehensive lifestyle program that empowers you to take control of memory changes in your life. We believe you can take a proactive approach – and set yourself on a positive trajectory – to maintain your quality of life.
The Program Includes:
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- “The Trailhead” Brain Health Series
- Support Groups
- Weekday Enrichment Activity Schedule
- In-Person Meetups
- Personalized, Ongoing Support
What Is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) is an evidence-based intervention designed to actively stimulate cognitive processes.
Developed at University College London, CST address symptoms of dementia through a structured weekly program in a positive, social environment.
It is now offered in at least 35 countries worldwide including in the U.S. – and now for the first time in Central Texas!
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy: An evidence-based intervention designed to actively stimulate the brain in a positive social environment.
- “The Trailhead” Brain Health Series: An exclusive program that equips you to make brain-healthy choices.
– The Trailhead Workshop: Start here with a 3-part series of one-hour sessions designed to ground and empower you. Participants will learn practical, evidence-informed approaches to optimizing life with cognitive changes. Though designed with the program participant as the primary audience, care partners may attend this workshop.
– Ongoing Trailhead Groups: After completing “The Trailhead” series, program participants can maintain their proactive approach with these recurring sessions to stay on track.
- Support Groups:
– Separate groups for Participant and Care Partner.
– Get to know others who are in a similar situation to talk through challenges and share feelings in a safe space.
- Daily Enrichment Activity Schedule:
– Join us online up to 5 days a week for a varied schedule of engaging activities designed to provide stimulation, purpose, and fun!
– This will help you build routine and structure into your day while forming new friendships.
- In-Person Meetups
- Personalized, Ongoing Support: review and discuss goals, create action plans, share feedback, and obtain referrals to services tailored to your evolving needs.
Benefits to You:
- Keep your mind active and engaged
- Learn empowering, practical approaches to help manage and improve daily life
- Stay involved in meaningful pursuits
- Connect with peers for support and enjoy social community
- Develop daily routines to enhance your quality of life
- Gain new knowledge, friends and experiences!
The program fee is $120 per calendar month. We offer a sliding scale fee – please contact us to discuss options as we don’t want finances to be an obstacle to attending our program.
Other Key Information:
- When: Weekdays on Zoom between the hours of 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- You will have a personalized schedule, with most participants attending between 4-9 small group sessions (60-90 minutes each) per week.
- Groups Led By:
- Highly trained professional staff with experience in health behavior, education, memory care, neuroscience, and more. All support groups are led by licensed mental health professional.
- Program Cost:
- The program fee is $120 per calendar month. However, we offer a generous sliding scale fee and never want finances to be an obstacle to attending our program.
- Who Can Benefit from Memory Connections:
- Individuals living with subjective cognitive changes, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and/or early stage dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Care partners are welcome to attend the Trailhead Series along with the program participant, as well as our weekly care partner support group.