Opportunities at AGE
Job Title: ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE
Hours: 40/week; regular business hours
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
∑†††† - Enter deposits to accounting system, prepare and take deposits to the bank in a timely manner
- Prepare bank account reconciliations for review
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for review
- Perform payroll related tasks: verify hours from timesheets and summarize on biweekly spreadsheet, compile changes to employee data, and transmit information to the payroll management firm according to schedule
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation for audits including but not limited to preparing schedules and pulling documentation
- Assist the Director of Finance with budget including monthly variance analysis
- Act as a backup for Finance Associate for all billing transactions
- Maintain lease renewal schedule for tenants and ensure all leases are up to date and executed
- Cross train with Director of Finance and Finance Associate to ensure redundancy for all accounting activities
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include special projects outside of the Finance Department
Authority: The Accounting Associate is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities as long as such action does not deviate from established agency policies, and is consistent with sound professional judgment.
Working Relationship: Selected by the Director of Finance and Administration and is responsible to him/her.
- General accounting skills with experience performing full cycle accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Experience in month end close process, including preparing and posting journal entries
- Proficiency in accounting for grants from funders
- Effectively work and collaborate with both internal and external clients
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple activities effectively
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting for a non-profit organization
- Bachelorís Degree Preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite and Quickbooks
- Other accounting proficiencies including fixed assets, depreciation, preparing financial statements, and financial analysis for purchase of services
Evaluations: Job performance will be evaluated at the end of the first six months of employment and at least once a year thereafter. The performance appraisal will be conducted by the Director of Finance and Administration.
General Statement: It is understood that this document may be changed in the future in the best interest of the agency and/or the people served.† Any changes will be discussed with the incumbent.†
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to 512-451-3110 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls are not accepted.
†[ top of page ]